Tuesday, January 29, 2019

January 2019 WIPocalypse post

Yes!  I WILL participate in the WIPocalypse this year!  I will post regular updates, and make progress!

Wait.

I was supposed to post 2 days ago?  Well crap.

LOL

So here is my update...
...I actually finished something!  My New Years' start, Plum Street Samplers' "Cape Cod Keeps" stitched as a single piece, is done.
I even took it in to my local frame shop, because I had the perfect frame in my stash of finishing materials (something I acquired from a thrift store years ago, I'm pretty sure I had another piece in mind for it, but this was just too perfect).  My framer is only charging me $20 to mount it, put spacers in, and replace the glass.  And yes, I know I *could* do it myself, but I'm just never quite pleased with my own stretching/pinning/lacing skills when it comes to framing.  For an ornament or other small....sure.  But not things I want to display more permanently.  And I can't complain about $20 charge!  It seems more than fair, and I like supporting a local shop instead of the big craft store chains.

I'm currently working on a small, and I also need to start a tooth fairy pillow for my niece and ANOTHER ornament for a niece or nephew arriving in August....my sister and her husband were taken completely by surprise with this one.  They are referring to this one as "Daisy" until it is born.  I'd also like to dig out another WIP for February - either Ink Circles "Turrets and Town" or my Lavender and Lace Family Garden sampler.

WIPocalypse Question of the Month:What SALs are you participating in this year?
1) well, obviously the WIPocalpyse!
2) the Fully Finished Gallery SAL - posting will happen on the 10th of each month.  I love the idea of showing off a fully-finished thing every month, and I certainly have the bin of completed-but-not-finished items to support such an undertaking.
3) I might join the Smalls SAL again, but I'm not sure.  If I do, I probably won't manage a small finish every month (obviously, since I've already missed January.)

There, I've managed my first WIPocalypse post and it wasn't TOO late....we'll see how I do with the next deadline (February 24 - see, I'm including it here so I have no excuse for forgetting!).

6 comments:

Kay said...

This is a lovely piece. I always take my work in to a small local business too as I don't feel that my own framing/stretching etc is good enough. Like you, I will do small pieces but the bigger they are the more important it is to be accurate. Happy stitching. x

Robin in Virginia said...

Your PSS piece turned great; I love it as one stitch. Well done! Look forward to seeing the framed piece down the road!

Astrids dragon said...

Good for you, at least you posted!
I LOVE your Cape Cod News! $20 is a great price, totally worth it.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

This is so pretty...congratulations on your beautiful finish

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Buttercup

diamondc said...

It is a lovely piece, will you share the framed piece with us.

Catherine

Bethan said...

Such a lovely piece, and well done for getting it framed too! If it makes you feel better, I was almost a week late for WIPocalypse! x

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...