Monday, November 26, 2018

Thankful

A few days late, but here it is (and it was finished and on display before Thursday!).
"Be Ye Thankful" by The Cricket Collection
Stitched on aida by MN in 1998 - finished as a quilted wall hanging by me in 2018.
I hope everyone had a lovely holiday!  I cooked, and we've finally gotten through most of the leftovers.  I made a 9-lb. turkey breast with spinach-herb stuffing, gravy, pretzel-topped sweet potatoes, regular mashed potatoes with cream cheese and sour cream, green beans with bacon, honey-glazed baby carrots, cranberry jello salad, and a marbled pumpkin cheesecake.  My mother brought a spinach souffle and an apple-bean casserole.  What ridiculous amount of food!  But it was so good....

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I love your wall hanging that you created from the rescued piece. It turned out fabulous. It is such a classic piece.

Unknown said...

i did this piece years ago look nso much like mine i had to check to make sure i still had it yup it is there.however think i will do with it like you did take it out of the blah frame and do the quilt thingy like it much better. nancy

Beth said...

I like your finish of this rescue!

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, you were meant to rescue this one, it looks fantastic! A fantastic find for sure.
Your holiday meal sounds delicious, I've never thought to add cream cheese to mashed potates.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...