Monday, November 19, 2018

Rescued

I wandered into the local consignment store the other day, looking for a few more canning jars (I had a few apples left, but not enough for the 12-jar packages available in Wal-Mart).  I did find a few in their "Granny's Attic" section of the store, and they were priced at .50 apiece, so it was easy enough to buy the 5 that I needed.  And as I was walking out, I saw this, on 75%-off clearance rack and marked 9.99.
Yes, for $2.50, it came home with me.  The frame is junk, and the stitching was attached with sticky board, but I got it disassembled and cleaned.  There is plenty of extra fabric there to make it into something...I'm thinking a fabric wallhanging with a scrappy patchwork border.  I want it in my kitchen, and I don't have pillows (or a place to display one of this size) there!

On a side note, a quick cruise around my blogosphere reveals that it seems to be that time of year when bloggers question their existence/purpose/etc.  I get that.  Facebook and Instagram and other platforms offer new audiences and faster gratification.  But I'll keep writing here, however intermittently...for me, blogging is a way of keeping myself accountable, and documenting the things I do more completely than "just" pictures - although I do love a nicely staged picture!  When I look around my Craft Cave and lament the apparent disorganization and partially-finished things, my blog reminds me that I DO finish and follow through...sometimes it just takes longer than I envision for a project to be fully realized and completed.  And while I'll never be (and don't aspire to be) Vonna or Priscilla or any of those bloggers with thousands of followers and admirers, I truly appreciate those of you who stop by and comment.  If one of my ideas inspires you, great!  I know I've certainly picked up snips and snaps of creativity from all over the web, and it makes me smile to think that something I've done has found its way out into the world and had a part in someone else's creative process.

Anyway, enough babbling.  If I don't post again this week - although I hope to, because I'd like that rescued Cricket Collection piece to be ready to hang on the wall for Thanksgiving! - have a restful, joyous, lovely time kicking off the holiday season.

5 comments:

Kay said...

I love reading blogs, I find them so inspiring, just today I saw a new chart I had not seen before and it is now on my 'must stitch one day' list. I don't do Instagram and find blogs much more personal. x

Bethan said...

Great bargain hunting! x

beadgirl said...

Keep blogging, please! I finally got myself an instagram account, and it's fun to post pictures of items in progress, but it's not the same as actually writing about them.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a great find in the Be Ye Thankful piece and thrilled you rescued it! I think it would make a fabulous wall hanging. Thank you for blogging and continuing to blog! Wishing you and yours a very blessed Thanksgiving!

murakami said...

Fantastic articles is post by you in this blog. You give a nice thing. Thank you for such a nice article.
sagame vip

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...