Thursday, August 02, 2018

Yet another jewelry box

After making a bunch of box tops, I found this little armoire and decided to try a box DOOR...
...and I think it came out pretty well!  I thought about replacing the smaller square as well, but I liked the effect of the roses side-by-side. The design is from Sam Hawkins' "501 Cross Stitch Patterns" book.

The inside:
The stitched piece, with the backing, is a bit thicker than the glass that I removed, but the brackets still hold it in securely.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely!

Terri said...

It's beautiful!

Astrids dragon said...

That's the perfect rose to add, it looks great with the other one!

beadgirl said...

Oh wow, a way to combine my love of stitching and jewelry ...

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...