Thursday, February 01, 2018

WTH, start All The Things!

Yeah, I was feeling all responsible and WIPocalypse-y.  Then I went looking through my patterns, to see if I had one that someone else was looking for...and it was all over from there.  Down in the Stash Hole, only to emerge with a new project.
This is "May You Believe" by Moonflower Needleart.  I think the designer has gone out of business/stopped designing, as the website on the pattern is no longer active and I can't find her patterns at any of the big ONS.  I also wasn't loving the pink, and I didn't have the Belle Soie silks called for anyway, so I went nuts.  The fabric is 28-ct. "Jade" from Picture This Plus, and the purple floss was something I got in a Hand-Dyed Fibers detritus bag (I just hope I have enough for at least the lettering - I can substitute another shade for the flowers if I have to).  The purple does show up better IRL, I think my light was washing it out a bit.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a pretty piece! I like it on the green. Keeping my fingers crossed about the purple thread! Have a wonderful weekend!

Beth said...

That's a dangerous rabbit hole - I've fallen into it as well searching for a share to share with someone. Love your fabric for your newest stitch.

Pat said...

Erin, I have just done the same thing - started a project with a HDF mystery color. And it's just crazy because I certainly have enough of those grab bags and mystery minis to find one that is plenty long enough.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...