Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Silly Colors

I've been chugging along on that angel...the colors confuse and intrigue me.  LOL
They are much more....1970s?....than the model picture would seem.  And yet they fascinate me....  Even that gold, which is the horrid Kreinik filament (I stripped the carrier thread, and I'm not sure if that made it better or worse).  I'm going to add gold and turquoise glass beads around the purple and green "diamonds" in her gown (the pattern already called for metallic, and I'm tired of metallic!), and I also decided to do the hands and face over-one.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow, the actual colors are more vibrant than the chart picture. I prefer your picture over the chart. Not a fan of the Kreinik, so either use RG Petite Braid or regular floss.

Barb said...

Looks like it will be a very bright and colorful piece. You are off to a good start so far it looks great.

Beth said...

Kreinik filament the bane of every cross stitcher!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...