Thursday, March 31, 2016

March Smalls SAL

One little finish this month...
This was a little kit I picked up on eBay a long time ago.  It came in minimal packaging which I immediately discarded, so I can't tell you the exact product name!  I do think it might have been British, though?  Anyway.  The little fairy is stitched over-one on 22-ct., and assembly was a snap.  SO not just stitched, but completely finished!

In other news, remember the magazine series I mentioned in my last post?  Well, last week a member over on the 123Stitch message board posted a bunch of old magazines for $1 each...and the issue I was looking for was among them!  So I now have the full series.  Wouldn't you know, I don't think I really want to stitch any of the ones from the last issue, but as I said before, at least I HAVE the whole set. LOL

I'm currently working on another small - my mother volunteered to donate a piece for an auction, and then asked me to "stitch something little."  Erm.  She actually thought I'd give her something from my finished pile, but I LIKE all of those things and am not ready to part with any of them at this point.  So I told her I'd stitch something to make a small pillow, put it in a pretty basket (I always seem to have a plethora of those around the house, so getting rid of one is an added bonus), and add a collectible teacup and saucer and some kind of interesting tea.  I found a floral teacup pattern to stitch, and I'm almost finished.

10 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

A sweet little fairy finish Erin :)

Brenda said...

What a cute finish!

Unknown said...

So happy you were able to locate the Issue you were looking for. And I do know the feeling of not having the complete set - just in case, you never know.

This is a wonderful Small - and congrats on your Finished Finished.

Marie said...

Congratulations of a wonderful finish. This would make such a cute Tooth Fairy box for a little girl.
There are often great finds on Ebay…glad you located what you were looking for.
I had to smile when I read that your mom volunteered (you) for a task. :-)

craftingpaws said...

A really adorable finish! Just love the purple color in the dress and wings.

Peggy said...

Very nice stitching and finishing.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I stitched one of these cute little boxes up as a Tooth Fairy box back in the 1990s! I wonder if I still have the packaging or the chart?

ANGIE said...

Hi Erin, it's so beautiful finish! Happy stitching!

Heather said...

What a sweet little finish. I love it!

Thanks for taking part in the Smalls SAL!

Amy said...

So cute!!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...