Saturday, March 09, 2013

Exchange received, a finish, and some progress

Yesterday I found a package from Australia in my mailbox....it was my Shepherd's Bush ornament exchange, stitched by Karen K.!
She stitched "Santa's Flight" on 32-ct. smokey pearl jobelan, using DMC floss and a snowman charm.  It is so delicate and sweet!  Thank you, Karen.

Then last night I finished up "Celtic Knot" by Elizabeth's Designs.
I stitched this on a piece of mystery light blue evenweave from my stash - I think it is 28-ct.  I used the Needle Necessities blue over-dyed floss that came with the pattern, and the DMC colors that were called for.  I did, however, use some Delica beads from my stash, and I used a different charm in the center.  I didn't want to use the Celtic cross, so I found this sparkly with a whorl pattern (which could be considered Celtic!) at Wal-Mart the other day.  I really liked stitching this one, and I'm considering doing it again in my own colorway.  We'll see....

Finally, here is my progress on La-D-Da's "The Ark."
I think the fabric color might be a bit more true in this pic compared to the first I posted....or maybe it is somewhere between the two?

1 comment:

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...