|"17th Century Stag Sampler"|
stitched on 28-ct. jobelan
DMC and over-dyed floss
Monday, March 26, 2012
Stag Sampler finished!
I finished this over the weekend! I love it. I'm not usually a fan of the reproduction-style samplers, but the colors in this one just drew me in. Plus, the stag at the top seemed faintly "medieval" to me...perhaps it reminded me of the "Lady and the Unicorn" tapestries? (Although I must admit, the missing letters in the alphabet DO make me twitch a little. But I couldn't find a way to modify it, so I guess I'll just have to pretend it was stitched in the 17th century...)
After monkeying with the shells and beads some more, I decided to take them all off... ...and I think I like it best this way. I did add...
Related to my latest finish - it is stitched on 32-ct. linen. I started out stitching with 2 strands of floss, but quickly decided that I d...
...or you will end up frogging a whole bunch of over-one stitching. Grrr. So there is no progress pic on the cowboy piece today, because I...
This is the little mermaid pattern I started the other night - a freebie. There was no color key, so I'm using: Crescent Colors "...