Monday, March 26, 2012

Stag Sampler finished!

I finished this over the weekend!  I love it.  I'm not usually a fan of the reproduction-style samplers, but the colors in this one just drew me in.  Plus, the stag at the top seemed faintly "medieval" to me...perhaps it reminded me of the "Lady and the Unicorn" tapestries?  (Although I must admit, the missing letters in the alphabet DO make me twitch a little.  But I couldn't find a way to modify it, so I guess I'll just have to pretend it was stitched in the 17th century...)

"17th Century Stag Sampler"
Charland Designs
stitched on 28-ct. jobelan
DMC and over-dyed floss

7 comments:

Mouse said...

ohhh well done on your happy dance :) it looks gorgeous .. are you going to frame it ??? love mouse xxxxx

Daffycat said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish, Erin! It really looks fantastic.

Thoeria said...

Love your finish!

I wanted you to know that I'd love to pass along a Liebster Award to you. I always enjoy visiting your lovely blog. I've posted details about the award here: http://sunshineincyberspace.blogspot.com/2012/03/thank-you.html

Bev C said...

Hello Erin,

A beautiful finish you must be so proud.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Debbie said...

I LOVE THIS COMPLETED PROJECT... WELL DONE!

Susan said...

A lovely finish! Please show us again when it's framed.

Lelia said...

lovely finish!

stitch well

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...