Monday, November 22, 2010

Return of the (Round) Robin!

It is finally finished!! (And I finally got the pic to post with the correct orientation.....grrr....) I added the square to the right of the center, with the cabin from LHN's "Prairie Sampler," the swan in a pond from a Prairie Schooler design, trees from some freebies in my files, and the squirrel from another magazine design I found somewhere. I just love the whole thing!! I was going to frame it, but it recently hit me that it would make a lovely quilted wallhanging, especially if it was the center of a giant "log cabin" pieced square...but I can't sew (at least, not well enough to take on that project with this one-of-a-kind piece). So maybe I'll stop in at the local quilt shop and see if there is anyone there who would like to take this on??

We're getting ready for Thanksgiving here, so things are rather busy. My mother-in-law and her husband are coming from Iowa, and will actually be staying with MY mother (my dad is hunting in Canada - Mom has made him swear this is his last trip), so we're going there for dinner and the weekend.

On the stitching front, I've been working on Labyrinth again. I joined the "WIP Killers" thread over at The Wagon BB, so hopefully that will keep me motivated! And I also finished up a piece for the "non-ornament Christmas smalls" exchange over at HOE. It isn't mailed yet, so I can't share.

3 comments:

valerie said...

Your RR looks great and I think it would be wonderful as a quilt hanging! Happy Thanksgiving!

Kathy A. said...

Oh Erin - how lovely to see your RR again and to see it all finished! Nice work. Look forward to seeing it frame/framed however you finish it!

Julie said...

Wow - your RR looks great!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...