Tuesday, August 10, 2010

We're Really Bad Eggs...

Finished this tonight!
This started out as Jean Higgins' "Dominion Sampler" from the April 1989 issue of Just Cross Stitch, stitched on a Silkweaver Solo 28-ct. lugana. I replaced the crown at the top with the skull and crossbones, substituted a few hand-dyed fibers (the outermost border and the sea/top banner), and charted one of my favorite lines from Pirates of the Caribbean in place of the included verse. And I left off the Anno Domini and my initials and year on the bottom (although my initials ARE present, just backstitched and tiny!). This one was fun, but I'm glad it is finished. And as with so many things I stitch, I have no clue what I'll do with it....

2 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Looks great. Congrats on the finish.

Mel said...

Very cute!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...