Friday, July 02, 2010

Beware of pirates

*sigh* I remember when I would post daily progress on any number of pretty things...now I'm lucky if I have time to THINK about stitching, much less do any and then photograph it and post it! Ah well. The Wee One has crashed for the night, so here is a quick pic of the Elizabeth Swann Sampler that I mentioned in the previous post. (That isn't any kind of official name, since the design isn't entirely mine and I'm sure Disney would have my head if I named anything after one of their movie characters, anyway!) I'm stitching it on a Silkweaver solo I found in my stash, and I'm using Crescent Colors' "La Tierra" for the outermost border. I just love the skull and cross bones!! And I did them over-one....eesh. I keep forgetting how much I dislike over-one. I think I substituted a hand-dye for the blue banner, too. That color will be repeated at the bottom, under the ship that isn't stitched yet. Now, off to chart a verse/quote of some sort...

5 comments:

Valerie said...

That is lovely! I love piratey things and I am looking forward to your modification as I love Pirates of the Carribean as well.

Mel said...

Pirates are so awesome. Love this pattern. :)

Singular Stitches said...

Erin, I've been away so long from sitch-blogging. Wow! Congratulations of the arrival of your little one in March!! She's ADORABLE!!!! I'm so very, very happy for you!!

I hope you still remember me, SingularStitches (Lynn). I've been away for so long from blogging (no major happenings in my life, just wanted a break from blogging). I happened upon my blog subscriptions in Bloglines, and came across your blog. SO nice to visit your blog. I'm planning to get my blog dusted off.

Take care,
Lynn (SingularStitches)

Real Live Woman said...

Love the idea of a Pirates of the Caribbean sampler! Can't wait to see the finished piece.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a great sampler I love the skull and crossbones too!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...