Saturday, April 25, 2009

Trapped inside

Oh, it is such a beautiful day...85 degrees and the sun is shining...and I'm working at the library reference desk from 12-9pm. *sigh* There are college students sunbathing outside! Somehow I don't think the library will be a popular destination today. LOL There are a few graduate students here, at least, so they might ask a few questions...

I sold 2 patterns on eBay last week (such a hassle, getting everything listed/shipped/etc), and I used the "proceeds" from the sales to buy a cover for my Q-snaps. You can see it in the picture below - I've been working on the fox cubs for the past few nights. Aren't the little frogs cute?!? And they haven't jinxed my stitching yet! The cover was a steal - around $5, shipping included. Nordic Needle sells a similar product, but it costs about 3 times as much! So I'm happy.
Yesterday I decided to join the Totally Useless SAL, and share my ort collection on a monthly basis. Teehee. We are supposed to post our progress on the new moon, which just happens to be today, so here it is -- one lonely little jar with a few fox-colored DMC threads.(If you are curious about the TUSAL, you can read about it on Yoyo's blog -- there are links on the top left-hand side!)

5 comments:

Yoyo said...

Just popping in to welcome you to the Totally Useless SAL. I'll be adding you to the Totally Useless membership list today. Thanks for posting, you've got a great start there and believe me it grows a whole lot faster than we think it will. You can grab a totally useless button from my sidebar for your's if you like -- not mandatory though.

I think you are really brave to have a Q-snap cover with frogs on it (LOL). The fox is pretty, I'll be back again to read more. (I love the background on your blog, that sun/moon graphic is terrific.)

Mel said...

What a cute cover! Hopefully the frogs that might visit just decide to hang out with the ones on the cover. :)

Cindy F. said...

Your qsnap cover is too cute!! I love the froggies! I've been thinking about buying or making one too. I can see how it would really protect my fabric!
Cute fox!!

Threeundertwo said...

I love foxes. Yours looks like a good one.

I love your q-snap cover. Good for you for treating yourself to it!

Annie Bee said...

Just think how full your ort jar is going to look like next month

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...