Sunday, January 04, 2009

Back to work tomorrow... *sigh*

Oh well, at least I got some stitching and relaxing in this past week! I do think I've gotten spoiled, though...I've spent my days sleeping in, doing laundry, experimenting in the kitchen (the baked ziti was yummy!), cleaning when I felt like it, watching movies I've seen a zillion times, and of course, stitching.

First, I started "Fairy Tale Towne," my project for the Me Myself &I RR/SAL.This first little house is from a Framecraft publication, designed by Cathy Bussi. It is one of the smaller houses in the piece, so it seemed like a good place to start! I'm using a piece of 32-ct. Wedgewood Blue Lugana for the town plot, and the finished size of the entire thing - not counting the yet-to-be--designed border - will be about 12 x 12 inches.

And then tonight I worked on "Moon and Stars" a bit. This piece just makes me smile...(Hmmm, for some reason my fabric looks a bit weird/dark.) But all the lettering is done, and I finished the house roof.

7 comments:

CindyMae said...

Both pieces are looking fantastic!

Brigitte said...

The name of your RR sounds so lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing the progress pictures. I haven't finished stitching on mine yet.

Your LHN piece is coming along great! You will have finished it in no time.

Cindy F. said...

Great start on your RR piece. Can't wait to see it progress.

Also great progress on your LHN piece:)

Deanne J said...

Great start on your RR. Moon and Stars is progressing nicely.

Tama said...

Both of these projects look really cute - looking forward to seeing more of your neighborhood!

Unknown said...

What great pieces and you RR sounds like fun. :)

Kathy A. said...

Nice start on your RR there. I bet it will be nice to work on one that actually stay shome. Love your little Moon and Stars as well.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...