Thursday, December 18, 2008

Stitchy fingers and clicky fingers

I've been working along on Judith's RR - here is my latest progress on my first square. Judith provided the charts, a set of monthly freebies from a French site, and I chose January for mine.

judithsrr1218

And, while I try not to show off TOO much stash here, I came upon some great finds recently that I just have to share. DH and I have agreed not to exchange big gifts this Christmas, and instead have given each other "permission" to spend a little fun money on ourselves. In fact, my entire family is handling the holidays this way this year, and it is so wonderful! For the first time in a long time, I'm really looking forward to just hanging out at Mom & Dad's, with no concerns about how many or what sort of gifts I got for everyone. We're bringing a new board game, my little sister is bringing a bottle of wine, I'm going to make a yummy breakfast casserole Christmas morning as my gift.....ah, peace and joy. Really. (I'm sure that will change if/when there are ever little people in the family again, but for now with just us "grown-ups," it feels perfect.)

Anyway. My finds....

stash1218

(And I got all of this on eBay for around $25 -- including shipping. Squeee!)
- 2 Workbasket patterns -- "Trellis" and "God's Critters."
- Glory Bee's "BYOB - Witches' Ball" pattern. Will go nicely with my earlier finish of "Bugs & Hisses".
- from Lizzie Kate -- "Welcome Baby" and "Hocus Pocus" snippets, and the October flip-it. I wanted the "Welcome Baby" to possibly use as a quick baby gift, the others were just included in the lot...
- a fat quarter of Silkweaver "Debutante" 32-ct. Jazlyn. I was thinking of using this for Fairy Tale Towne, but it is more purple than I thought it was from the picture. *sigh* Oh well, it is still pretty, and I'm sure I'll find a use for it!
**all pics courtesy of Flickr tonight....everytime I loaded them using Blogger, they were rotated. So annoying.

1 comment:

Cindy F. said...

Erin, your Christmas plans sound absolutely wonderful!! and you really got some awesome stash and @ a great price!!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...