Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Weakness

With all the packing, moving, and unpacking, I've really been missing my crafties. *sigh* It seems that I browse ONS sites, blogs, and bulletin boards on almost a daily basis, longing over new projects and pretties. So it was only a matter of time before I stopped in here..... It is a lovely little shop, although it is a bit slanted toward quilting rather than cross stitch. But still, how wonderful to have a shop nearby where I can find, at the very least, specialty fibers and beads!! (Those are 2 things I hate to order....it usually feels like I pay more for shipping than for the merchandise.) I chatted with the very kind store owners, oohed and aahed over another customer's quilt, and ended up getting invited to the local EGA chapter's meeting! Sadly, they meet at 10 am on Mondays, which means I'll almost never be available. BUT! Labor Day is coming up...it is a Monday....maybe there will be a meeting then?? I'll have to drop by the senior center where the meetings are held and see.

Of course, I couldn't leave without buying SOMETHING -- it seemed only fair. hehehe So I found this is their 50%-off bin. I do love a good Halloween design....That is "Bugs & Hisses" by Plum Street Sampler. I also grabbed a skein of GAST for the pumpkins...the rest of the over-dyes I'll substitute and/or improvise! Or else I'll go back to pick up some more.....

I still really want the LHN/Crescent Colors "Reading" collaboration pack, and I've had my eye on the Shepherd's Bush "Mermaid" design as well. But this quiets the Stash Monster, at least temporarily!! LOL

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...