Friday, March 14, 2008

Slumping to an SBQ

This week has not been good, stitching-wise. There's nothing wrong, I just haven't been in a stitchy mood, I guess! Work has been quite a drain lately, and I find that when I get home I just don't have the attention or concentration needed to stitch much. So I've been going to the gym, and playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band with DH. hehehe

As you may have noticed (or maybe you didn't), I changed my blog's sidebar a bit. As much as I loved the idea behind the Project Challenge - finish 10/20/50/100 projects before buying more stash - it just isn't my style. I'm much better at "allowing" myself small purchases from time to time, independent of a finishing goal. So I'm just going to use that space over there to display recent accomplishments. And somehow it seems that my stash accumulation phase has passed, anyway. Over the past few years, I've purchased anything and everything...anymore, I can look at a pattern and say to myself, "gee, I really like that, but I have similar things in my stash and I haven't even started those yet. I don't need to buy more." Darned financially responsible streak.

Catching up with last week's SBQ:
After you stitch a pattern or kit, what do you do with it?
Typically, I get rid of it. This could mean throwing it away (especially kit patterns that don't have standardized floss keys), gifting it to another stitcher, or selling it on eBay. I know I'll never completely empty my pattern drawer, but it is satisfying to know that at least a little bit of my stash is gone! Although there are a few patterns I can't seem to part with....Bent Creek's "Edu-CAT-ed" and Just Nan's "Spring Peepers" are ones that I can see myself stitching again someday. Oh, and now that I'm participating in a round robin, I can see the value of keeping more of my patterns -- you never know when you'll be able to "borrow" a design element!

1 comment:

Kathy A. said...

Wow - you have enough that you don't need any more I wish! I think you are right to celebrate your finishes instead of the list to be done. You have done such lovely work and it is nice to see it displayed.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...