Thursday, February 14, 2008

SBQ, 2/13/2008

Do you have any projects that you have scrapped and started over? What made you start over from scratch?
There is only one that I can think of....Solaria's "Stitching the Standard" freebie. I originally started it on 18-ct. black Aida, and planned to stiched the over-2 sections as 4 x's in a 2 x 2 square (so the over-1 sections would match up correctly). It. was. AWFUL. First of all, it was hard to get good coverage with the black fabric, and then quadrupling every stitch was so boring! Plus it took forever. So I sucked it up, pulled some 28-ct. Jazlyn from my stash, and had my first adventure with over-1. It went pretty well, I think!! (Although I'm not in love with over-1, and won't do it if I don't have to...)

And now on a rather unrelated note -- does anyone know of any good pirate-y themed freebies out there? I want to make a little gift for a renaissance faire friend, and her persona is a pirate queen. I thought I'd modify Dani's lined bag tutorial a bit, using some fun skull-and-crossbones fabric I found at Jo-Ann's, and make her a drawstring pouch for her "booty." hehehe I have the pirate cat from Kat Rocha's site, but my friend isn't so much into cats (ooo, but it looks like it would be easy enough to leave the ears off! hmmm...). So I need a pirate face...or a treasure map....a chest....something like that, maybe?

1 comment:

stitching aussie style said...

If you have a look at my blog, my biggest WIP is the Peter Brock piece and this is my 2nd go at it. I had the photo charted by one person and started stitching. It was just not turning out the way I wanted. Had the photo recharted by another person (and made BIG. maybe too big?) and started again... Much better this time.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...