Saturday, October 06, 2007

A stitch here, a stitch there, and a little bit of stash

So, what have I been stitching on, amidst all the changes in my life?

1) My square for Toni's Neighborhood RR. It is another house from Homespun Elegance's "As Seasons Go By" leaflet. Toni asked that all her squares have either a cat of flowers in them -- as you can see, there is already a cat in my (roofless) gazebo!

2) "Regal Peacocks," one of Theresa Wentzler's magazine designs. I dug it out for the TW SAL over at The Wagon BB. I don't have a "before" picture, but I am making progress....

3) The "Wee Shepherd" for my friend's new baby.
He's just the cutest little guy. I really do need to get his other leg finished....good thing he has that staff, or he might fall over! hehehe

As for what I'll stitch for our own impending child -- thanks for the suggestions of Dragon Dreams' Dragonlet piece. I'm not a big fan of the "traditional" baby pieces, though. I prefer things that might grow with the child, at least for a few years. If I were to do a Dragon Dreams design, it would probably be the Kingdom Sampler -- but I don't think I'd get that finished in time! Right now I'm leaning toward something from a Blue Whale leaflet I have called "The Sandman." Cute little designs with verses, and easy to add a child's name, too.

I've also had a bit of a stash urge lately, although I know I shouldn't be spending so much on such frivolous things anymore. *gulp* But anyway, I got a small Silkweaver solo this week (only about $5), and 2 goodies on eBay. One was Cross 'N Patch's "Song of Praise: Merchant Ship" - I really like the smaller design of the ship with the cargo list of spices, and the other was Lizzie*Kate's Autumn Cottage Boxer kit. (Click on the pic to see them bigger!) Now I need to cut myself off for a while, I think...

3 comments:

Kathy A. said...

What lovely projects you have on the go! and baby thoughts too! Hope you are feeling well and things progress nicely. Hope that little boy gets a leg soon!

Karen said...

Wow, plenty of projects on the go. :) They all look fabulous. Cute comment about the little shepherd needing the staff. It made me smile. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lots of projects on the go Erin! All so colourful!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...