Monday, September 03, 2007

RR Progress, Rescued from the Workbasket, and Monthly Updates

(phew, what a title!)

So after finishing the wedding piece, I dove into the Neighborhood RR with renewed energy. Here is my square for Lauren's winter-themed neighborhood so far:

I think I will add my name and location to the bottom, between the snowman and the sled. I'm still debating whether or not to add a tree to the left side of the square...

Since we went to a renaissance faire down near Pittsburgh on Saturday, and the RR took up most of my Sunday, I decided to treat myself today by diving into the workbasket and seeing what came out. The winner was.......my Gaelic blessing from GryphonsMoon.com. Here's what it looks like this evening, after several lengths of Grace Kelly Green and another jewel-toned variegated thread that I'm using for the knotwork(I can't remember the name off the top of my head!).

(I'm sorry, I can't seem to get the colors to look right....for some reason the fabric looks MUCH browner than it really is. I'm using an antique white linen.)

Now, on to monthly goals. I've been neglecting these recently, mostly because I KNEW what the goals HAD to be (wedding, RR) and beyond that I refused to make any commitments! This month will still be a bit "non-committal", because I have to travel to one wedding and will *hopefully* (fingers crossed!) be traveling for one or 2 job interviews. That's right, I've applied for a couple jobs, even though my husband won't be finished with graduate school until the spring. It was just something I had to do for me, and he completely supports it. We could make it apart for a couple months, if need be. (It might not be FUN, but we could do it, and it could definitely be worth it in the long run.) Anyway. Back to goals!

1) Finish Lauren's RR square and get it in the mail to the next stitcher by 9/15.
2) Plan out the next RR square when the project arrives, possibly start stitching it.
3) Keep going to the workbasket for more WIPs and UFOs. Maybe even finish one or 2!
4) Possibly start an ornament or other small project. A lot depends on the job situation...I don't want to start something big and then have to pack it indefinitely.

5 comments:

Kathy A. said...

I love your house, the snowman and the sleigh. Your new Celtic piece looks intriguing too. Will watch it's progress with delight - maybe a little translation please.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I love that piece! So cute and adorable!

Mindi said...

Both WIPs look great. The Neighborhood RR is adorable with the snowman, and the Celtic piece is very interesting. I like the colors you're using in it.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your RR piece is looking great and I love the celtic design. I wish you well with your job hunting.

Joanne

Dani - tkdchick said...

Both projects look great! Best of luck with your goals!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...