Friday, June 01, 2007

A gaggle of SBQs

Hmmm. Looks like I've managed to go the entire month without answering any of the SBQs!! Time to catch up...


May 30, 2007 - How many needles do you use during a project? Have you ever loaded up a needle for every color? Do you use a new needle for every project or recycle your favorite needle?

I only use one needle at a time - I've never "loaded up" needles with multiple colors. With my luck I'd get them confused! And I use the same needle until it the finish is ruined and it gets "sticky."


May 16, 2007 - If you could only stitch one more piece what would it be and why?

Oh gee!!! Well....it would have to be something big, so it would keep me busy for a looooong time....maybe TW's "Fortunate Traveler"? But then maybe it should be something classic that really speaks to me...in that case I'd choose something like Cricket Collection's "Homeward Bound" or Earth Threads' "A Ship and a Book." (Gosh, that was a tough question!)


May 10, 2007 - How do you choose a project for an exchange? Do you pick solely on what you know of the taste of the recipient or are there other reasons you pick the piece you do?

I've never done an exchange. I've thought about signing up a few times, but I often worry that my fickle stitching tendencies would result in my not keeping up with my obligation...


May 2, 2007 - How many WIPs do you have? How many UFOs do you have? When does a WIP become a UFO?

WIPs - 1) Mira's Mermaids of the Deep Blue, 2) Just Nan's Wintry Mix, 3) Joan Elliott's Celtic blessing, 4) Gryphon Moon's Gaelic blessing, 5) Yarn Tree's Grandfather Frost ornament. Plus the Neighborhood RR, which I don't count as a true WIP...
I don't have any real UFOs persay, but I have a couple projects that get very infrequent attention and are teetering on the brink. They include - 1) Dragon Dreams' Dragon Virtues afghan, 2) TW's Regal Peacocks, and 3) a little bear kit from a British magazine.
I refuse to classify any project as a UFO....it stays in the work bin indefinitely, until the time I come upon it and think, "ick, I'll never finish THIS," at which point I just throw it away!

1 comment:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I enjoyed reading your answers!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...