Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I must be a glutton for punishment...

...because even after the recent rejection of an intended wedding gift, I did another one. (Here's hoping this one gets a warmer reception...)

This is Alodi Wolfsong's "Celtic Knot Heart," finished as a drawstring belt pouch to hold the wedding rings at my brother-in-law's renaissance-themed wedding this summer. I stitched the heart on 22-ct. blueberry Janina, using DMC white and 282 light gold metallic thread. I don't particularly like 22-ct., but it was the only fabric I could find in that shade of blue! (For the wedding, the boys will be wearing blue and the bridesmaids will wear green - there is no ring bearer, so the pouch will be worn by the best man.) The lining is a bit of cheap tan velveteen/microsuede, and I used satin rat tail cording instead of ribbon for the drawstring. It took me the better part of the 3-day weekend to stitch this up...I was bitten by one of those "gotta finish it!" bugs, and only took a brief break this morning when I ran out of the metallic gold. Now, I was not ASKED to make this, and I didn't get the go-ahead from the bride or groom before making it...so I know I'm totally going out on a limb here. But if they don't like it....well, it matches the dress I'm having made to wear to the wedding - to match my DH, who will be a groomsman - and it holds my camera perfectly!! LOL

I hope everyone else had as lovely and productive a long weekend as I did - I even got to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3 on Saturday night!!

3 comments:

Arthemise said...

That is a gorgeous finish! They should be thrilled with it. I would be!

Unknown said...

Its very cute, you did a great job! I would be over joyed to get a wonderful gift like that. :)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That came out so lovely! Who wouldn't love a gift like that?

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...