Monday, May 07, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggity-jog!

We're back from a weekend in Tucson, AZ...I was a little hesitant to post our travel dates prior to leaving, just for safety. You never know who might be reading a weblog!

Anyway, DH's grandmother passed away at the end of April, and her memorial service was in Arizona on Friday. We flew out of Pittsburgh on Thursday afternoon, and got into Tucson late that night. The 3-hour time change was a killer! I'm pretty sure my body still doesn't know exactly what time it is.....

The service on Friday was....well, it was actually kind of fun. You have to know DH's family -- they are crazy. A good kind of crazy, but crazy nonetheless. I mean, his grandmother had a 6-foot tall cardboard cut-out of Roy Rogers next to her bed! Evidently she had a serious crush on the guy. LOL Anyway, DH's mom and his aunts decided we should all wear a piece of Grandma's jewelry to the service. Eeek. The woman LOOOOOVED costume jewelry -- the gaudier, the better. So when Aunt Peg called our hotel and asked what color I was wearing, I got nervous. Especially since I was wearing pink and black!! At the church, I was decorated with 3 lovely strands of bird beads. At first I tried tucking them inside my shirt collar, but DH's sister and Aunt Peg finally shamed me into wearing them for all to see. Here's a pic to prove I wore them....I brought the beads (plus a few other bits of jewelry) home with me, and I have Aunt Peg's permission to restring them and/or make them into something a little more "me"....

On Saturday we headed out to be tourists, and spent most of the day at the Sonora Desert Museum. We took lots of pictures there, and I finally got to meet a girl I've talked with online for years! That was pretty neat. She brought her husband and 2 little kids, and since they are museum members, they treated us to their guest passes. The museum itself was a great place - animals, plant life, rocks, fossils..... And seeing it with kids made it even better, in my opinion (gack, I'm starting to sound like a potential parent...).

Our flight left Tucson at 6 AM yesterday, and we got home in time for dinner and The Amazing Race (Eric and Danielle, blech). Oh, and I did about no stitching all weekend -- I got out my Gaelic "no place like home" piece for a little while on the plane, but that was it!

2 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is my kind of crazy! LOL! So sorry to hear of her passing!

Carol said...

So sorry about your loss, Erin. But looks like you had a great trip - and what a cute photo of you too!!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...