Monday, April 30, 2007

Trimming the stash

Just a quick post to say that yesterday I finally did something I always swore I'd NEVER do...I cut patterns out of some of my magazines, and then threw the rest of the magazine away. Eeek! But it did feel good to make some room in the pattern drawer. And really, I never stitch things with Biblical/Christian themes, I have gobs of patterns with flowers, and I'm not crazy about a lot the cutesy-country style designs...so there was no point in keeping magazines dominated by that stuff. now don't get me wrong, I didn't slice up EVERY magazine, just the ones that only had a few patterns I might stitch. (I got a lot of these when I'd buy magazines in lots on eBay.) It was rather freeing, really, to see a pile of 6 or 7 magazines shrink down into a few plastic sleeves in a binder! And it also reminded me that I have some really neat stuff to work on...if I ever get around to it.....

7 comments:

Arthemise said...

I think that's a good idea! No point in keeping (collecting) magazines that you're not going to use.

Chelle said...

I've done the same thing Erin and it is very "freeing", isn't it? I was able to give the cut up mags to local stitching friends to see if there was anything they wanted to cut out. I think there were only ads and scraps left. LOL

Kerry said...

Yeah, I faced up to reality a while back and I do that now too. My definition of "might stitch" is pretty loose though and I know I've saved some stuff I still won't actually stitch. But I like the patterns so it's nice to still have them. It's a huge space saving, isn't it?

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I have been giving away a lot of magazines I don't and won't use! Gives me more room for what I do like!

Carol said...

Oh, scary!! I have done that before - but it is so hard to decide to rip things out of magazines - LOL! You know your tastes, though, and if you aren't going to stitch something, why not let it go... :-) I am proud of you - you are stronger than I am!

Hazel said...

I hate cutting up mags too. I did it once as someone desperately wanted a pattern from one but I think Id rather keep them as they are then try to sell them. Maybe they'd become vintage if I keep em long enough!! xx

Casa Pearl said...

Why didn't I ever think of this? You're a genious and I'm going to do this too. I need more room for knitting and crocheting magazines.... LOL

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...