Sunday, September 24, 2006

Come black later, is it 3:10 yet??

Yesterday I was feeling Halloween-y....so I grabbed an itty-bitty freebie out of my binder and stitched it up on an old piece of 14-ct. fiddler's lite aida. (And there is STILL more aida in my fabric bin. Yeesh.) The finished size is not quite 3 inches square. My post title for today comes from the fact that I don't think I've ever stitched so much of one color!! The kitty, the spider, and the border are all 310 black. I have a new respect for those of you who stitch the monochromatic samplers!!
Since we had to run out for pet food and a new iron, I sweet-talked DH into letting me pop into JoAnn Fabrics to look for pillowifying fabric. What I WANTED was a black fabric with white spiderwebs on it - seems like it would be easy enough to find at this time of year, right? - but they were almost out of fun Halloween prints. There were only about a dozen designs left, and they were all marked 40% off. *sigh* I got some black fabric with little witch hats and lollipops on it, but it didn't work with the design. Thankfully I'd also grabbed a black"swirly" piece from the rack of quilting quarters, and that worked better. Here is the finished product.


It is about 6 inches square, not very big at all. For now it is just sitting on a bookshelf....maybe when my mom comes out next month to scrapbook, I'll make a little gift basket with some candy to put it in! Or maybe I'll just keep it..... hehehehe

12 comments:

Laci said...

Looks fantastic!! I love the way you finished it, the fabric you picked looks great!

Who is the freebie by?? I'd love to do this for myself...

jymisgurl said...

It looks great! I love the fabric (in fact I think I have some!:))

Anonymous said...

That's very cute!

Sharon said...

That is so pretty-love it. Congrats

Anonymous said...

Great pillow. You did a lovely job of stitching and finishing.

Lisa said...

I think the black swirly fabric is perfect!

Karoline said...

It's very cute, congratulations

CindyMae said...

That is just too cute! Great finish!

catandturtle said...

I love the Halloween design, it is so cute! Ann.

Anonymous said...

That came out very nice. Worth doing all that black I would say.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little piece:) Great finish:)

Meari said...

Turned out cute!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...