Thursday, August 31, 2006

SBQ, 8/30/2006 - Sharing

How do you share your finished pieces with others? Do you frame them, scan and/or photograph them, or do you have another method that you would like to share?

I photograph or scan a lot of things I stitch now, mainly to share them here!! I think that is one of my favorite parts of blogging and bulletin boards -- seeing "real" finished projects and WIPs. I love having my stitched pieces framed and on display in my home, but I just can't afford that as often as I'd like.....so I do ornamentify and pillowify things from time to time. Right now I have 3 pillows in a basket next to the TV - my Celtic spiral and 2 Dragon Virtues.
- * - * - * - * - *- * - *- * - * - * - * -
Last night I took the dog to the beach. It was terribly windy on the lake, and the waves were pretty big! Lily seems to be getting over her fear of the water -- she kept trying to attack the waves as they rolled in. She still isn't crazy about swimming, though.
Later I pawed through my stitching corner and found an abandoned WIP -- TW's "Regal Peacocks." I was stitching it on a piece of teal-ish green linen, and must have gotten frustrated! It really blends into the fabric a lot....but the bright colors also "pop" very nicely. I pulled it out and worked a couple lengths of floss on it. If I have it out again tonight I'll take a pic.

1 comment:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I love to give a lot of stuff to those I care about. I also have an online photo album and I e mail pics to friends. Of course I have my blog too.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...