Monday, January 16, 2006

How can I NOT have white buttons...*sigh*

Over the weekend I got a lot of stitching in! I actually started AND FINISHED the Britty Kitty Christmas ornament from the 2005 JCS ornament issue. I stitched it over-one (ack), I had a pre-made tuck pillow to put it in, so it is completely finished...except for adding a hanger of some kind. I decided to use some ribbon and buttons -- until I pawed through my button box and discovered that I didn't have 2 matching white buttons. Geez. Guess this means a Wal-Mart trip in the near future, since I just wanted 2 plain white buttons......

I DID take pictures this time around...so here you go.

"Once Upon a Time."
I'm working toward the bottom, so I can scroll up a bit knowing that the bottom is DONE. I almost finished the skirt "puddle" on the right -- I'm not thrilled with the metallic/DMC blend that is used for parts of the skirt trim. I know it is supposed to look like shading, but it just refuses to lay nicely. Grrr. Oh well, once it is finished I'll probably be the only one who really knows.

The baby birth announcement. The little hat is taking shape nicely, and I started on the flower just because I wanted to switch colors for a bit! Soon I'll have to get around to charting the baby's name.....

8 comments:

Kim said...

Both your projects are looking great! The little bear is so adorable. And I agree about the DMC metallics I just don't like them. I much prefer Kreinik metallics, though they are more expensive.

Kathy said...

Love both your projects the teddy looks really cute.

Hugs xxxxxx

Von said...

Good progress on your projects, Erin!

Singular Stitches said...

You're making lovely progress!

Jenn said...

Your little bear is coming along nicely. I did 'Sunshine' a few years ago. I can't wait to see how you turn it into a birth announcement.

Juanita said...

These projects are coming along very nicely. Congrats on your progress.

Sarah said...

Your "Once upon a time" is coming along nicely. I did this one a couple of years ago and it's by far my favorite complete piece I've ever stitched. The colors are so lovely and the design is just goregous!

Anne S said...

Once upon a Time is looking great, Erin - it's really showing great progress :) I agree with you about DMC metallics too - when I did my peacock pincushion, I ended up ripping the lot out and using Kreinik braid instead ... that DMC caused a lot of swearing! LOL.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...