Thursday, November 17, 2005

A day off and an SBQ

I'm skipping work tomorrow....all of the students here have left for Thanksgiving break (ah, the joys of a trimester schedule!), and we have tickets for the midnight showing of "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" tonight. Yay!!! We figured this way we could (hopefully) avoid being in a theater full of bratty kids and talkers. And that give me all day tomorrow to stitch and clean the house in preparation for next week's trip. I'm such a homebody....I'd much rather spend my Thanksgiving vacation at home than visiting people, even if they ARE family. Not that I don't like them - I DO - I just need some time to rest and recharge. Ah well, I *should* have the week between Christmas and New Year's off, so maybe then.....

SBQ, 11/16/2005
How do you feel about staying totally true to a pattern? Do you feel that you have to rip out stitches to fix a mistake or do you feel it's acceptable to incorporate a mistake into the design?

Hmmm. I tend to be a frogger. Not always, but usually! Part of the reason is that I often put a piece aside for a while between stitch sessions, and if I've made an adjustment to compensate for a mistake somewhere, I might forget. Then I just get doubly frustrated somewhere down the road... However, if there is something I don't like about a pattern - color choices, shapes, etc. - I WILL change those. But I think this question pertains more to accidental changes than intentional ones.

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...