Wednesday, November 30, 2005

2 SBQs for the price of 1

I missed last week's SBQ, and today seems like as good a time as any to catch up...

11/23/05 - Do you always sign your projects? If not, why? If so, do you use your first name, initials or what?
I try to include my initials and the year on everything I finish. You can see it if you look closely at some of the pics I've posted here in my blog... Now that I've gotten interested in some bigger projects - MLI's "Once Upon a Time", for example - I might need to come up with a more complete siggie of some kind. I also keep a little photo album with pics of most of my finished projects - the historian/librarian in me likes to think that someday, if my stitching is passed along, the little "catalog" will make it easier to identify my work!

11/30/05 - Do you have rules in the way you stitch? (i.e., Do you start in the middle? Do you determine which blocks to stitch first? Do you always start from the top or the bottom? Do you have special paths to prevent wasting thread?)
Hmmm. I usually start in the middle, but I don't consider that a "rule"..... I work blocks of whatever color suits my fancy at the time. So I guess my answer to this question would be "no"! If I had bunches of rules to stitch by, I don't think stitching would be as fun and rewarding as it is for me.

Maybe tomorrow I'll have a progress pic of my little Night Wizard. He's coming along quite nicely -- I even did a bit of stitching during our flights! Not the easiest thing in the world, since our longest flight was only a little over an hour. By the time we were at cruising altitude and I could get things out to stitch comfortably, I could only finish a length or 2 before I'd have to put it all away again...

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...