Friday, October 21, 2005

Good husband, baaaaaaaaad kitties

On Wednesday night my DH had to go to a coffee shop up near the mall - and the craft store! - to meet with a coworker. I gave him my best puppy-dog eyes and asked him to bring me back a skein of DMC 3756.....and he brought back 2!!! What a great guy, eh? He told me, "I remembered what you said once about different batches of dye. These looked a little different, so I bought 2 just in case." Then he looked at me and followed that with, "hey, the next time you're going to the craft store, maybe I'll go with you. They had some great stuff there I could use with my residents." (DH works with mentally and physically handicapped adults.) Wow, never thought I'd hear that!

So he left the floss on top of my pin cushion. This seemed like a fine place for it.....and I completely forgot about it, even when I passed the knotted ball of "string" on the stairs yesterday morning. Yep, the kitties picked a skein right up out of my stitching bin, apparently ATE the paper wrappers, and left the whole tangled mess on the stairs. Grrrrr!!! They are lucky that the untouched skein was a match for the 3756 I already had. I thought about untangling the knot they made, but between the cat hair, carpet fuzz and kitty spit, I decided that was 26 cents I wasn't going to worry about. But those cats are really getting on my last nerve lately....the floss, my stitch counter needles, my iPod headphones....they just keep chewing up EVERYTHING......

Last night I didn't stitch much. I really, REALLY wanted to go to the gym, but I've been having some back/neck problems. I thought it was just a stiff neck, but it has lasted longer than most. It started after our roadtrip anniversary to West Virginia - my neck and left shoulder were all knotted up. It started to feel better after a few days, and then I headed to the gym for a treadmill session. MISTAKE. The next day it hurt all over again. So from talking to folks and doing some research, it sounds like a slipped disk somewhere in my neck or upper back. The only real treatment is rest, ice/heat, and anti-inflammatories....so that's what I've been doing since Tuesday. I feel LOTS better now, but still not 100%, and it is driving me nuts! I usually work out - either swim or run - 3 or 4 times a week. I feel like a big pile of goo. Hopefully by next week I'll be good to go......

2 comments:

Leeland said...

Hi Erin
First time I reach your blog through Angel San's blog! Loved your latest posts and comments both about cats (mine also loves xstitch...) and wonderful hubbies! I will visit again!
Enjoy your WE!
Cheers from France...

Kitty Couture said...

Oh dear. I so know what you mean. My kitty loves playing with threads, wool, anything. I have to be so careful! Sometimes she manages to get to a bobbin that I carefully hid under other things... And tangled thread mixed with cat hair is definitely NOT appealing :o(

Your hubby is a sweet!

Have a nice weekend!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...