Friday, September 09, 2005

SBQ, 9/7/2005 and Other Babblings

First, the SBQ....
Which way do you stitch (/// and then \\\ or \\\ and then ///)? Can you (or if you haven't done it before, do you think you could) change the way that you stitch temporarily if it is asked of you?
I'm a /// then \\\ stitcher. I've never had a reason to switch, but I suppose I could if I had to...it would probably take a lot of concetration, though! And quite honestly, while the obsessive perfectionist in me can understand WHY a stitcher might request this as part of a RR or something, I think that the neatest thing about a RR is seeing and sharing stitching with friends, however they stitch. If I wanted it to look exactly the way I envisioned it....well, then maybe I should just stitch the whole thing myself.
__________________________________________________
Got a haircut yesterday. I went short in early July, and have decided to keep my little "Q-tip head" cut. However, I forgot that it is nearly impossible for a stylist to get a cut EXACTLY the same. She cut off a bit more than I expected, and now I look kind of like a cross between my mom (who also keeps her hair short) and a little boy. Oh well, it will grow again.
__________________________________________________
Last night I finished all of the maiden's hair on "Stitching the Standard"! So exciting...just flesh tones in her right hand/arm and neck to do now. I even started some of those, but by 11:30 I couldn't focus anymore.
__________________________________________________
This weekend my friend Trina and I are going bargain hunting. We love prowling through the second-hand stores and outlets looking for deals - especially now that Trina has 2 little girls to shop for. (Quincy is almost 2, and Bailey was born in July.) Adorable little munchkins -- who get to stay with Granny while we shop!! Hehehehe

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...