Wednesday, September 14, 2005

SBQ, 9/14/2005

Do you stitch for events like weddings, engagements, or other things that might not last? If you have been unlucky and the two people broke up, what happened to your stitched gift?

I've only stitched 2 wedding-related items....a wedding announcement for DH and I, and a little ornament for a friend who was just married this past July. The one I stitched for us I don't even like that much anymore - it was a kit with Aida, and the framing job was not that great (grrr, Michael's). So if we ever split up, I probably wouldn't feel TOO horrid about destroying it. But then, I really don't see us splitting up! As for the ornament, I'm not too worried. If they ever divorce and it gets tossed out, it wouldn't be a big deal to me. I certainly woldn't want it back, anyway!

I ran to A.C. Moore last night.....I decided I didn't like the gold beads in my blackwork, and I wanted to replace them with silver. The store had appropriately-sized silver bugle beads, too, so I don't need to reorder anything - woo-hoo! Of course, now I've got some beads coming in my Bits & Bobs order that I don't really need....... But on the up side, I can finish my ornie without waiting for my order to come in! (And it hasn't even shipped yet....apparently they had to reorder one of the charts.)

Watched "Hitchhiker's Guide" last night.....trippy. I'll admit that it was easier to follow than the book (which I've yet to slog all the way through), but still not exactly my cup of tea. Oh well, I got to humor DH and spend time on the couch with him, and while he watched it - I stitched!!

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...