Tuesday, September 20, 2005

But it was fun money...

Last night I went shoe shopping, and since Michael's is in the same plaza....well, you can guess what happened. I actually had a floss list with me for "Spring Peepers" and what I'll need for the "Black Swan and Fairy" freebie that I have acquired -- since A.C. Moore had their DMC floss 6/$1 last week, I guessed that Michael's might have a similar sale this week. And I was right!! 5/$1 DMC - woo-hoo. I spent $5 on some floss, 2 packs of Mill Hill petite beads, and a new bottle of tacky glue. And it was "fun money!" See, 2 years ago my father-in-law came to visit us, and he left us each $50 as a gift. Well, I squirreled that $50 away in an envelope and hid it from myself -- so effectively, in fact, that I didn't discover it until last summer! As of last night, I had $8 left. Now I'm down to about $2 in my little envelope....but if I wait for the right floss sale (Jo-Ann's usually has DMC 8/$1 every couple months) that could equal 16 skeins of floss!!

One of my friends is getting married next month, and I'm really torn about what to do for her wedding gift. We aren't going to the wedding, even though it is here in town (which makes me feel crappy, but hey, my mom made plans to visit without checking with me first....and I haven't seen my mom in months). And this friend was actually MY bridesmaid. However, we've not really spoken much since my wedding...we run in different social circles and have very different lives now. I certainly don't have any bad feelings about it -- we've just grown apart. I thought about stitching something small for her, but I know that 1) her mom stitches and 2) she tends to think stitching is a bit too kitschy for her "refined" tastes. She'd never be rude about me stitching, but I'm not sure that a stitched gift would be truly appreciated. Sigh. I'll probably just send some money, and have a good time with my mom that day.....

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...