Friday, July 22, 2005

SBQ, 7/20/2005

Ug, I'm falling behind again...

Have you ever done a color conversion? If so, what did you think about your results and would you do it again? If not, would you like to try someday?

LOL I LOVE changing colors in patterns....I do it all the time! It isn't often that I change an entire design, though. The closest I came to that was the little Stoney Creek bear & Indian quote that I stitched for my dad. I changed all the colors but one, because as charted I thought it was too pastel for Dad. I took it from turquoise and terra cotta to deeper jewel tones. I loved it, and really had fun doing it. However, I'm not sure if I'd ever be brave enough to take on a total color conversion for a more intricate design - ie. TW, L&L. I do love some of the conversions I've seen for the L&L Celtic ladies, though, and I wouldn't think twice about using one that is already done! For now I'll stick to making smaller changes.....I consider them part of my own personalization of the piece.

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...