Thursday, April 21, 2005

SBQ, 4/20/2005

Have you ever been asked to do model stitching?
Did you do it? If so, what was your compensation? (money, stash, etc.) If not, why not?
If you haven't done it, if you were asked would you? Why or why not?


I've never done model stitching, and I've never been asked. If I were asked.....I'm not sure. I love to stitch, but 1)I know I'm a sloooow stitcher, so deadlines scare me, 2) I like to change patterns on a whim, and 3) I'd be afraid that a less-than-perfect stitch or 2 would upset the designer. (And believe me, there definitely are a few "mistakes" in most of my pieces! No one can usually tell unless I point them out....but still, I know they are there.)

*sigh*
So lately I've been starting things left and right, but not finishing anything. My castle pattern is languishing in a storage bag while I've been working on San-Man Originals "4 Square Peep." As I mentioned in a previous post, one of my best friends is expecting her second child in July. She and her husband don't know the sex of the baby, so they are calling it "Cubby" until it is born. Too cute! Anyway, I think I'm going to do a Paddington pattern for him/her. Their first child was "Peep" until she was born - so the 4 Square Peep will be a perfect small birth sampler! The pattern was a freebie in the San-Man newsletter, and I haven't seen any good pics of it finished yet. I'll be sure to post my version. It is very simple - a little yellow chick popping out of a brown egg with a border made up of the word "peep" repeated on each side. The peep border is supposed to be stitched with Six Strand Sweets "Ripe Banana" - a yellow/brown combination - but my LNS didn't have it, so I'm substituting Weeks "Celebration". It has a pastel rainbow effect that looks really cute and "girly" on the purple fabric I'm using.

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...