Sunday, March 17, 2013

Hopping Along

"Tulips with Bunny" by The Snowflower Diaries
stitched on 25-ct. baby lotion lugana
My substitutions:
Six-Strand Sweets "Strawberry Jam" for the dark pink
Six-Strand Sweets "Organic Strawberry" for the light pink
GAST "Scuppernong" for the green
GAST "Peacock" for the blue
Blend of DMC 3781 & GAST "Maple Syrup" for the brown
I used the blue for the letters, because I thought it showed up better on the pink fabric...oh, and I reversed the empty stitches on the vase so it looks (IMHO) like a heart!  And finally, I added one of the bird beads from DH's grandmother's necklace.  The fabric I used for the bottom and back of the pillow is a rosebud print left over from my daughter's quilt.  I was going to put this in the basket of seasonal smalls on my kitchen table, but right now it is the only one, so it looked rather sad there...LOL

(I just noticed...I forgot to stitch the bunny's eye!  Oh well, I'll call it "rustic.")

7 comments:

Karen said...

Love this little cutie!

Claire said...

Cute little bunny.x

Unknown said...

What a beautiful finish - Love your changes - It makes it special to you

Mouse said...

ohhh that is cute and love the fabric you have matched it too :)love mouse xxxxx

Thoeria said...

Oh you've stitched it up beautifully!!

Gillie said...

She really does have some sweet charts and your finish is lovely. Was sad to hear of the demise of Six Stranded Sweets though.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Beautiful finish.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...