Sunday, October 25, 2009

Boo! Halloween Exchange goodies

I know, it is scary to see a post from me, isn't it?!?!? Life continues to keep me busier than I'd like - working 2 jobs, hoping to close on a house and move by December, growing a baby (girl, it looks like!). But over the past month I *did* manage to participate in the Halloween Exchange over on the Hooked on Exchanging blog.

First what I received from Stacy:Stacy stitched up the Blackbird Designs pattern from this year's JCS Halloween issue, and finished it as a floss ring tag. Cute! And she also sent some beautiful dyed flosses, gold ribbon, and tea! Plus there were some neat little silver charms that got stuck in the bottom of the envelope and missed the picture session, but they are now safely stash in my box of buttons, beads and doo-dads. Thank you Stacy!

As for me, I sent this to Becky:This is "Hilda & Frankie" by Doop Design, finished as a tin topper. The spider web fabric is what I used to line the tin, and there is a little band to hold the scissors (Kelmscott's "Little Gems"). Because the Dinky Dyes' "Autumn Leaves" floss (pictured) wasn't as autumn-y as I was expecting, I also tossed in a skein of Vikki Clayton silk that was a little more orangey-brown. And I stopped by the Target Dollar Spot for a Halloween notepad and a pumpkin scented room diffuser! Sometimes I think I have too much fun putting together exchange goodies....

So that's all I have to show lately. I'm very tempted to sign up for the Christmas ornament exchange, but with the impending move, I'm not sure that's such a good idea.

5 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Such lovely exchanges. It is easy to see that you both put much thought into them.
You think it might be a girl!!! How exciting!!

Jinger said...

Hope life slows down a little bit for you soon. How exciting about the baby girl.

You received a great Halloween exchange. Love the threads!

LOVE what you sent for your exchange! Great job!

Claire said...

Great exchanges.

CindyMae said...

Both sent and received exchanges are wonderful!!!

Sharon said...

Beautiful exchanges! A little girl! What fun that will be!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...