Friday, March 27, 2009

Feeling sprite-ly, but ready for some spring

I've been working diligently all week on these...2 down, 2 to go...


These are from a Better Homes & Gardens publication. I've stitched them on 28-ct. white Monaco, mostly as charted. I did change the red for the shirts and hats, and added red beads to the borders. Oh, and I gave them faces. I figure since they are to be gifts for children, the kids might ask why they don't have faces!

I also stopped by the LNS after work today. We are finally seeing some signs of spring around here, and since I've been stitching Christmas all week, I was itching for some more seasonally appropriate stuff! I picked up Homespun Elegance's "Delivering Fleurs" and a couple of the hand-dyed flosses that seemed most prominent in the design (and goodness, WDW's "Dutch Iris" was just too pretty! Yum!!). Of course, I got home and found that I have *another* baby gift to start on....this one for my dear friend who just had #4. This baby - now Avery Claire! - was "Kit" until she was born (they never find out the sex), and I have a fox cub pattern to stitch up. Off to floss toss...

3 comments:

CindyMae said...

Those are both do cute! Great job!

Brigitte said...

They are so cute and funny and I think the children will love them.
Delivering Fleurs is a great project and just perfect for spring.

Mel said...

Gotta love new project supplies. :)
The ornaments are so cute!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...