Gosh, I'm getting awfully spoiled by these 4-day work weeks....last week we had MLK Day off, and today was an unexpected - but welcome! - snow day. I should probably explain, we live in western New York State, and it takes a pretty major "snow event" for anything to close. I'm actually a bit disappointed, as the snow stopped around 11 am here and now it is just raining. Yuck. (Not freezing rain, either...it seems to have warmed up a bit.) If I'm staying home from work, I want to curl up with some cocoa and stitching while the snowflakes fall like mad! LOL
No matter, I did some stitching anyway. And I finished LHN's "Moon and Stars."As usual, there were substitutions.
- blue lettering - The Dye Is Cast's "Bluebells"
- white (house, stars, checkerboard border) - Ozark Sampler's "Sugar Sands"
- yellow moon - The Dye Is Cast's "Golden Oak"
- red (door, flowers, berries) - GAST "Cranberry"
- black (bird and word "night") - WDW "Mascara"
The blue fabric was a piece of 28-ct. mystery evenweave -- I really like it. I'm thinking of finishing this as a little pillow, perhaps with some moon-and-stars fabric? I don't have anything in my stash right now, though, so for the time being it will go in the "done but not finished" box...