Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Teeny Tiny Quilt-Thing

 

My contribution to the Fully Finished SAL this month...

So I've been doing a lot of sewing/quilting lately (I actually finished another quilt top for another niece - no pics yet!), and I got an idea for my little flag finish.

I cut 1-inch strips of white, red, star stripes, and the navy with scattered stars fabric, and sewed them all together.  I basically got lucky with the alignment, because I didn't measure very carefully before starting!  I used larger patches of the navy for the corners (obviously).  Then I laced it to matboard and fit it into this little shadowbox frame that I picked up at Wal-Mart...it originally had a clip attached to the back and was designed to hold a photo/thing that was approximately 3" x 5".  I've removed the clip so the stitched piece could sit all the way into the back.  It isn't perfect...my piecing is a little wobbly in spots...but I think it is adorable.  I'll just call it "primitive."  LOL

I also enjoy the fact that it is sitting next to "Equal Rites," one of my favorite Discworld titles.  So appropriate!

8 comments:

Suzanne H said...

I've hopped over from the Fully Finished Gallery to see your finish close up. So beautiful! Perfect finish for this piece.

Mary's Thread said...

Very nice finish! Your fabric surround is a perfect complement to the stitching!

Kaisievic said...

I really like this finish - I think that you posted this on IG, too?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a great way to mount and frame a small piece.
I'm a big Pratchett fan although I don't think he'd really got into his stride with Equal Rites, I usually start people off with Wyrd Sisters. Or Guards Guards.
What's the Morgan Llywelyn like? I'm sure I read one of her books in the 1990s!

diamondc said...

What a very sweet finish, I love the colors of the quilt fabric so perfect for this design.

Catherine

Rachel said...

Thanks for joining in the FFG SAL. What a good idea to combine two hobbies into one finish. It's perfect! :)

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, this is a fantastic finish! It's beautifully stitched and I love the quilt framing you did.

Karen said...

Awesome finish! I am just getting back into cross stitch.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...