Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Late, but still Thankful

I finished this up at the end of last week...only a few weeks late.  This is "Thankful Notes" by Shepherd's Bush, stitched on 32-ct. lugana over-2 with one thread.  I made a few substitutions and/or used DMC alternates, simply because I couldn't justify buying flosses when so little was used.  I did buy the required JABCo button pack, though.


The frame was a consignment store find (the same place I found the Cricket Collection piece I rescued!).  It needed a bit of love/repair, but it is solid wood, and I thought the corner decorations suited this piece nicely.  I'm going to take it to my local frame shop and see if they can make it work with glass - the rabbet is rather deep, so hopefully it can accommodate glass and enough matting to keep the buttons from touching the glass.

Since finishing this, I've put in a few lengths of thread on my "Silent Sky" sampler, and started a little Santa piece I found in an old magazine.  I hope you all are stitching busily, too!

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finish! Love the frame you found!

Beth said...

Very nice Erin - there's no time frame for finishing these projects.

Astrids dragon said...

A beautiful finish and what a great frame you found!

thanida said...

I want to to thank you for this wonderful read!! I definitely loved every bit of it. I have got you bookmarked to check out new things you post
i99bet

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...