Monday, September 03, 2018

Summer's End

I've seen a bunch of "end of summer" blog posts popping up in my feed, so I figured I'd follow the trend.  It feels like the older I get, the shorter summers (and everything else!) become...

My Little spent last week with her grandparents, and we topped off the summer with a final trip to the pool yesterday.  We tried to go back today, but arrived just as a big thunderstorm rolled in, and waiting that out just wasn't something any of us wanted to do.  There was even hail!  I'm a little bummed, because I felt like we spent the whole summer juggling schedules and day camps and work and not enough time just enjoying long lazy summer days.  And childhood summers are so few....  But there was a trip to Legoland, some local festivals and fairs, plus bike rides and fun with friends when we could arrange it.  I'm sure she'll have good memories.

As for stitching, I'm ready to break out the autumn!  I actually finished this today, when we came home after the foiled pool visit.
"Witch's Pantry" by Plum Pudding NeedleArt, in JCS Sept/Oct 2012


Stitched on 28-ct. fabric, it was a wee bit too wide for the little box finish I had in mind...but I was determined to make it work.  :)

5 comments:

Mary said...

I love your stitched piece and the shadowbox finish.

Kay said...

I dole your autumn design. I often find things I like for autumn but tend to go straight onto christmas stitching once summer is over. x

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finish! It looks good.

Astrids dragon said...

I love it, it looks great! The bottles really make it.
Sounds like you still had a nice summer with lots of adventures.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your setting works for this design. I like your finish.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...