Monday, May 07, 2018

Celebration of Needlework 2018

Ah yes, it is that time of year again....my annual Mom-cation in Nashua, NH!  Celebration of Needlework is so much fun.  Days of stitching with like-minded folks, a huge bed all to myself, no responsibilities or worries - I'll be so sad if/when the event ceases to be held (not that there is any talk of that that I heard - I'm just assuming that some day, it will end).  And of course, the shopping.  I tried to contain myself, but it just isn't possible to not buy ANYTHING.  I came home with some new fabric, a pattern or 2, and some limited edition kits that I just couldn't resist.  One I even finished stitching, and took today off from work to do laundry, organize my goodies, and put this together -
This was a tiny Shaker box kit from Susan Greening Davis.  I changed the pattern, though - there was a heart in the center, but I found those initial buttons at another vendor table (Puntini Puntini, from Italy) and made the vine a bit wider to accommodate the button.  I also sandwiched some vanilla sachet paper between the layers of stuffing, so it smells nice!  It is just darling, and I love it (even if I haven't a clue what to do with it now).

2 comments:

Kay said...

It sounds like a perfect break away. x

Robin in Virginia said...

The tiny Shaker box kit is stunning. I love how you stitched yours and used an initial button. Where did you find sachet paper? One of these years, I want to attend this retreat. Did you take any classes or just have a retreat of stitching?

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...