Thursday, March 29, 2018

March Smalls SAL post

Yup, I love smalls.

Here is this month's (finished!) finish, a freebie from Stone Street Stitchworks.  I stitched it over-one on some 28-ct. evenweave using a cotton variegated floss from my stash ("Candy Floss" by Sugar Maple Fabrics - SMF disappeared several years ago, so who knows how long I've had this floss!).

I found this little 3-D plastic heart at one of the big-box craft stores, and after seeing Vonna's finish as half of a snowglobe, I thought I'd try that with a heart.  I sprinkled a few beads and some coordinating paper heart punch-outs inside, glued my stitching to a mat board back, and added some rattail cording and ribbon for trim.  It isn't perfect, but for a first try, I like it.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I think your heart snow globe turned out great. Very pretty design you stitched! What type of glue did you use? Enjoy your weekend!

Meari said...

It turned out really pretty!

Astrids dragon said...

I love how this turned out, definitely pretty in pink!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...