Thursday, December 28, 2017

Just a Little Out-of-Season...

Today my daughter went to the YMCA, to spend some time with friends.  I used to feel guilty about sending her to "day care" when I was home for the day, but really, this is good for BOTH of us.  We're starting to drive each other crazy!  And she needs some time to run around and play - hard to do in our little house (and it is only about 5 degrees outside, so outdoor play isn't really a thing right now).  So I could have cleaned things...but instead I stitched.  I was determined to have another finish or 2 this year, and I achieved that!
"The Zombie Woods"
by The Floss Box

I stitched this mostly as charted, although I did leave off what I *think*  were 2 more bats inside the trees.  I think they were supposed to look like their wings were up instead of out, and (IMHO) they ended up looking like 2 black hearts.  I also added beads to the front of her dress....because beads.  You know me.
I've started putting together my finishing idea for this piece, too, and should have something to show pretty soon.  If only there were still Halloween accessories in the craft stores, I wouldn't have had to order from Etsy...  :)

7 comments:

Carol said...

A very cute finish--and a very idea to sit and stitch rather than clean :)

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

Cute finish

Kay said...

Sweet. I absolutely agree that a break form each other is a great thing, and using the time to stitch is also sanity saving. x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance! This is such a cute piece.
I am sure your daughter had a wonderful time running around with her friends too.

Robin in Virginia said...

Super finish! You have to recharge your own batteries; the house chores will still be there. Happy New Year!

Anna van Schurman said...

Sending the dog to daycare has similar effects; especially since the dog is in and out 50 times a day! (I don't know how she handles it when we are at work and the dogsitter comes to let her out just the once.) Glad you were able to get some stitching in; it's an adorable finish!

Beth said...

Sounds like you and your daughter both had a great day. What a cute little zombie!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...