Monday, August 28, 2017

Monday Blahs

After a nasty sciatic nerve flair-up over the weekend, I didn't get as much done as I'd planned.  :(  Even stitching is hard, because stitching requires sitting...so instead I baked because standing was okay and it required limited walking!  Now there are 4 dozen applesauce honey cookies on my counter.
As for stitching, I did start another small.  This is "Strawberry Urn" by the Needle Work Press, published in De Handwerk Boetiek's newsletter some time ago.  The model was stitched as a monochromatic sampler-style piece, but I thought those strawberries needed to pop!  The fabric was something from my stash, labeled only as "30-ct."
Since the picture was taken, I've finished the urn and the bird on the right - just the matching bird and the band of flowers on the bottom to do.

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

I like these strawberries very much! Too bad about your nerve pain getting you down but cookies are a sweet bonus!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

At least you managed to have something to show for the time! The strawberries look lovely too.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...