Saturday, July 22, 2017

Decision Made

After monkeying with the shells and beads some more, I decided to take them all off...
...and I think I like it best this way.  I did add 4 beads - in the centers of the little symbols at the end of the sentences.  I've kept the shells, and once it is framed I think I will attach some to the frame itself.  They were just too big to feel "natural" on the stitching.  I even tried adding some smaller shells from a pack I got at the craft store, but since the other shells belonged to my friend's sister, it just didn't feel right to mix materials like that.
If anyone is curious about the pattern, it is "Clara's Mermaid Sampler 1891" from the Sampler Girl, in her Sampler Girl Companion Mermaid Booklet.  I stitched this on Silkweaver's "Mountain Mist" lugana, and used a couple different hand-dyeds for the wording, the blue waves, and the box around the heart.  The sea grass and Clara's name and date were stitched in the charted colors.  Oh, and I did the entire "wave" in blue - the chart switches from blue to the green text color about 1/4 of the way across, but I didn't like that.

7 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

Love it, perfect for us mermaid lovers!

Beth said...

Your finish looks very clean this way.

Justine said...

What a beautiful finish! I agree with Beth it looks clean and your idea of adding the shells to the frame will look gorgeous I'm sure.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

The mermaid piece is so lovely all finished up. I look forward to seeing it all framed with the shells. That is really a creative idea. --Andrea

loulee said...

Beautiful. Less is definitely more.

Carol said...

How sweet is that finish! Lovely work, Erin, and I think your idea of a few shells on the frame will look fabulous :)

Sok Sareth said...

The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog, I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density, which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.

บอลพรุ่งนี้