Thursday, September 22, 2016

Update Over-One

Here is my start/progress on "Cowboy Dreams."
I had to make floss substitutions, because my LNS doesn't carry Crescent Colors floss (plus I have LOTS of hand-dyed floss in my stash, and I might as well use it!).  The blue is Six Strand Sweets' Plum Parfait, the red is GAST Buckeye Scarlet, and the brown is GAST Nutmeg.  There is also a moon done in white - it will be right below the word "can" - that I'm going to use a pale yellow for instead.  The white just didn't show up well on the sand linen!

I think simple designs like this one (and Bent Creek's "Catch the Day" that I stitched earlier this year) look especially cute over-one.  And I'm not blind...yet...

2 comments:

Melinda Forbes said...

I love your color choice, I would like to get more confident with thread substitution. Sometimes you just don't need to have the called for threads.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The colours are perfect and I love over-one stitching too.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...