Sunday, January 03, 2016

Belated Recap and a Finish!

2015 wasn't a terrible year for me stitching-wise...I finished more than 20 projects, but a lot of them (a majority, really) were smalls. But hey, a stitched thing is a stitched thing, right?!?!?  And here is my ort jar as of 12:00 AM 1/1.
You might notice that there is a lot of orange toward the top there....and that is because......

DARK SORCERESS IS FINALLY FINISHED!!  Yes, that's right, after almost 6 years as a WIP, she is done.  The pic doesn't quite show the bluey-purpleness of the fabric, but suffice it to say she is lovely.  I'm contemplating contacting Jill Rensel for framing, in part because the sides are pretty thin and I trust her to know what to do with it.  We shall see what the budget holds.
As for 2016, I have no big plans.  Right now, I'm getting started on another small, since I think I will join hte next round of the Smalls SAL.  Other than that, who knows...  May your 2016 be floss-filled and frog-free!


9 comments:

cucki said...

Wow I love your finish so much.she is so pretty :)
Happy new year dear ❤️

blue star stitcher said...

Congratulations on such a pretty finish, six years--I'd say she was ready to be done!

Christine said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish

Melinda Forbes said...

Congrats on your Finish. What a wonderful wish for 2016 "floss-filled and frog-free". That is just perfect

Blu said...

Congrats! She looks amazing.

Kaisievic said...

Dark Sorceress looks so beautiful - you must be proud! 20 finishes is a pretty fine effort, I feel, well done!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for Dark Sorceress.
And wishing you a quadruple F 2016 too!

katica said...

Congrats on the finish! She is stunning!

Kate said...

Beautiful finish! Love the Ort jar too!

Decision Made

After monkeying with the shells and beads some more, I decided to take them all off... ...and I think I like it best this way.  I did add...