Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Up Next

...Family Treasure III.  Sadly, I was only able to grab a blurry picture with my cell phone this morning...
And again with the color changes!  Eeesh.  I worked on this for about an hour last night, and it seemed like all I did was cut threads and change needles.  Two stitches of green here, two over there, switch to red, then to pink, lather, rinse, repeat.  Ah well.  I'm always thrilled with the finished product, so I suppose I should stop grumbling about the process.  As I'm working on this, I find myself wondering if the fabric is just a wee bit too light?  Hmm.  It is not the fabric called for in the instructions, but it was what was available to me at the time (and affordable).  The white gets a bit lost, but I think part of that is a shortcoming of the photographer.  In person, I've added beads to the white border, so that adds some dimension.

I also started my small for the month - Heather challenged us all to do something Christmas-y, so I pulled Cedar Hill's "Santa's Helper" from my stash.
But of course, mine will look almost nothing like this model pic!  I was missing one or 2 of the DMC colors called for (and how THAT is even possible, I don't know), so I swapped in some hand-dyeds.  I'm also using blue linen from my "unknown count/color" bin.  When I'm done, I may put the pattern up for grabs here if anyone wants it, so keep watching this space if you are interested.

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

FAmily treasure looks just lovely! I enjoy the colour changes sometimes.

Decision Made

After monkeying with the shells and beads some more, I decided to take them all off... ...and I think I like it best this way.  I did add...